Friday, January 13, 2012

Music Fans

Most of my musical energy is spent looking into bands I might fancy, however, I haven't spent much time at all considering the people on the my side of the stage--the Fans. As I started thinking about music fans in today's day and age, I think I came across a pretty solid classification system that most all "music fans" fit into. In my eyes, there are four kinds of people who listen to music. Hear me out on this one, kids. It might get interesting.

1. The first group consists of the people (usually young and moldable minds) who are sucked into falling for the already famous, popular image driven, and auto-tune facilitated type of music that has taken over a good deal of radio stations and popular culture today. They usually 'Never Say Never.'



2. The second group is filled with people who are only into a band or artist that no one knows about, but once this artist gets any sort of recognition or a bigger fan base, these people instantly become disgusted with their fame and accuse them of going "mainstream" or "selling out." These accusations have no definite meaning whatsoever--thus, I believe this group is roughly 75% insane.



3. The third group consists of the people that "love all types of music," however, they usually don't, in actuality, love all types. They like what they already know, what their friends are into, and what is played heavily on the radio/places they frequent. Jessica Simpson seemed to fit the bill on this one. My apologies.



4. In the fourth group, there are true music fans... The Band-aids. These are the people that support and live for the honest creation of music. They know what they like, but still remain open to tasting the different flavors of the musical spectrum. They will defend their favorites, spread the love, and appreciate music for the art it is and the art it inspires. Forevah and evah.


No comments:

Post a Comment