Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Black Keys



Two guys. One with a beard,  Ray Ban shades, and a guitar, the other tall, thick black frames, and a drum set. Put them together and what do we have? A band with a crazy cool, old rock sound that just makes you feel like dancing like an idiot. I could listen to their album "Brothers" all day. Easily. Every track is just so interesting and cool- It's a must buy for old rock enthusiasts, someone who needs to be inspired, or anyone who's looking for a new listen.



Two of their popular songs, Tighten Up and Howlin' For You have AWESOME music videos, proving that their creative spark goes further than the music.


"Tighten Up"




"Howlin' For You"



I would consider their songs to be easy listens with a deeper and more intriguing sound if you pay attention to it. The Black Keys are one of those bands that truly everyone would like- something that definitely cannot be said about many bands today. For me, I've always believed that I was born in the wrong decade. About 30-40 years later than my soul wants to be. I would've loooved 60s and 70s rock, so the fact that a cool rock band like The Black Keys is so popular today and available for my listening pleasure in a more mainstream way than oldies rock is pretty groovy baby!





And some day... I will see The Black Keys live. I count the days until then.







No comments:

Post a Comment