Monday, August 25, 2014

Young Love: An Introduction

"I'm not from around here." 
Welcome to a new "series" about what I'm doing in my new city. Minneapolis. It's so hot right now.






An outsider’s perspective carries with it something magical. Although I grew up just next-door in South Dakota, my town comprised a mere 1,000 people. So, for me, Minneapolis is the cool older sister who majored in art and volunteered in the Philippines for a year. I met her years ago as a child as I went to my first Vikings game with my dad; however, it was in college that my love affair truly began. Slinking away any weekend we could, friends and I would leave our steady girl (South Dakota) back home and venture up for live music, mild debauchery, and an escape into something more.

After years of Minneapolis dreaming, I finally live here. This city and I are definitely in our sugary sweet honeymoon period, but I do not foresee the wistful haze lifting for a very long time—maybe ever. More than a fling, Minneapolis is my new main squeeze.

This series is full of first times. Wide-eyed wonderment and gasps of freshness are bound to ensue. Here’s to hoping I can help you find beauty in things to which you’ve grown accustomed. Join me and fall in love with your city all over again.






"It’s a curious time in my life. You should stick around"


I’ve just moved to this magical metropolis and first times encapsulate my days. New experiences run amuck, filling my heart with happy and my eyes with wonder. I’ve locked lips on the hill at Gold Medal Park, played Ping-Pong on Nicollet, ventured into Sex World, taken a selfie with the “cherry spoon,” and dabbled in many more quintessential Twin Cities activities. Every day, I fall harder for this city. Perhaps you’ve lived here your whole life and you’ve grown bored with the sights or, on the contrary, perhaps you’re new here as well. Either way, come with me: tour the Twin Cities with fresh eyes and an unhinged perspective. An outsider’s view can offer the clearest, smudge-free lens to peer through, and that’s what I have to share—a blissfully refreshing gaze.





ALSO, WATCH THIS, HOMEY. It's the video that goes alongside all o' this. 







No comments:

Post a Comment