Tuesday, December 6, 2011

In Remembrance...

“Your eyes shined bright when you were a kid
Your sisters loved you and all that you did
Big brother, big brother don’t worry a bit
Your flame has not faded since the day it was lit

Your life was joy
Your mama’s only boy
And when the skies are blue
Big brother, they’re blue for you”


-The Black Keys "Unknown Brother"


I think about my brother most days, but today, my mind can think of little else. Today is his birthday and to celebrate his existence, here are some of his favorite songs that remind me of him every time I have a listen. He had excellent taste in music--hard rock of the glory decades (70s-90s). And although his time was cut short, his memory will live on forever. It's true what they say... Only the good die young. Enjoy the tunes dearies.






No comments:

Post a Comment