Monday, November 14, 2011

Dia de los Muertos


Culture Cry Wolf, a hip hop-ska-rock whirlwind of a band, recently released their first full length album Dia De Los Muertos. And ooh la, la. I was feelin' it upon first listen, which is definitely an odd occurrence for me. Every track tells it's own story, has it's own unique feel, and the album as a whole leaves you feeling like you just had a genuine music experience. I dare to say CCW has created one of my favorite albums of 2011--I highly recommend each and every one of you cats give Dia De Los Muertos a hard listen. Even if you don't like hip hop or ska, a lot of the tracks have a very "rock" feel, so you're sure to find at least one track to fall for. This album has really created a musical identity that is based in so many genres, and thus, has the ability to appeal to so many. Culture Cry Wolf... Well done, boys. Check out the video for "Day of the Dead" and listen below.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment