Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Know It All


"Know It All"
I know a girl with an artist trapped deeply inside her
She provides for herself, she don't need you to like her
She dresses like a famous portrait
She talks like an angel with the makeup of dangerous torment
She don't wanna get married, she wanna get carried
Away, and figure out how to display all the things she wants to say
She would try to paint, but she don't got the patience that it looks like it takes
Plus her thoughts are too colorful to fit inside a picture
Her spirit is the genuine elixir
Her personality is such a brilliant, fucking work of art
She's a devil with a sensitive heart
She don't like the boys that feel like they gotta be cool
And she don't like the fake hoes in cosmetology school
But one day, she'll show the world
That she's no ordinary, Goddamn woman





When I listen to this song, I hear so much of myself in the lyrics. I don't need you to like me; I am me, and I will never aim to change to please someone else. The turmoil of my mind is filled with longing thoughts; I miss my brother and what could have been. There was once a time when everything was easy, everyone was carefree, and boys didn't matter. It's not that I've been broken a lot- don't worry, I'm too guarded to really give a boy anything that matters. Honestly though, I think it's more me than them; how can I be with anyone until I find myself? Right now, I'd much rather get carried away to figure my life out. I want to go far away, to a free and new place, where I can finally experience clarity and live a life free from preconcieved notions. The colors of my lively mind will escape, allowing my soul to drink in the elixir of my spirit, and become the girl my expectations have set me up to be. I just want to show the world something great- I'm no ordinary woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment