Friday, February 24, 2012

Opening Songs

TV and movies play a very big role in how I successfully waste my precious time on a daily basis. And in my extensive watching, I have found a select number of titles that begin with the perfect song for the shot sequence or storyline. Music has the ability to play a huge role in film, and most of the time, a solid soundtrack truly makes a movie. I thought about my favorite opening scenes to movies and shows, and below is a comprehensive list to some of my favorite movie/memorable songs that set the mood right for the rest of the film. Listen. And then go watch the movies. Well, that should do it. ENJOY my pretties. 

Movie/TV Openers by Kara Larson on Grooveshark








Feel It All Around- Washed Out- Portlandia
Underdog-Spoon- Horrible Bosses
Shimmy Shimmy Ya- Ol' Dirty Bastard- Knocked Up
Ball and Biscuit- The White Stripes- Social Network
Sweet Emotion- Aerosmith- Dazed and Confused
A-Punk- Vampire Weekend- Step Brothers
Us- Regina Spektor- (500) Days of Summer
Passing Me By- Pharcyde- Big Daddy
Immigrant Song- Led Zeppelin- The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
We're Going to Be Friends- The White Stripes- Napoleon Dynamite
God Only Knows- Beach Boys- Big Love
I'm All Right- Kenny Loggins- Caddyshack
Sound of Silence- Simon and Garfunkel- The Graduate

No comments:

Post a Comment