Monday, August 1, 2011

Music of a 90s Kid

 It's been a minute since I last had an entry here... My apologies. But best not fret, looks like the world is still kicking without my musical opinions. Moving on.... I am a 90s kid. Through and through. Growing up, I had some questionable music preferences, but nonetheless, I have nostalgic feelings when I listen to certain cheesy songs from my childhood.

MmmBop- Hanson
Don't even get me started with these boys. And this song--just forget about it. I had a massive crush on the youngest brother, Zac, and this album was, regretfully, one of my first album purchases. Good call, Kara. 



 Sometimes- Britney Spears
Ohh Britney. The first popstar gone crazy... I had Britney Spears barbies, at least two of her albums, and me and my friends constantly came up with choreography for many of her songs. Yikes. 



It's Gonna Be Me- N'Sync
One man brought N'Sync to another level for me. Justin Timberlake. I was easily at level Obsessive. They had the dance moves, the cheesy lyrics, and the closet gay boy. And we all know that these are the key elements to any successful boy band.



Say You'll Be There- Spice Girls 
The Spice Girls were easily my favorite group. And to think how much talent they truly don't have... Hmm oh well. I knew all the lyrics, watched the Spice World movie on VHS at least once a day, and to my own surprise today, my favorite Spice Girl was Ginger Spice. Apparently when I was 9 years old I didn't realize she was the most "scandalous" one.


No comments:

Post a Comment